Homeowners can do the following things to maintain their heaters:
- Inspect thermostat for proper operation.
- Inspect filter, and change or clean as needed.
- Check all electrical components and controls.
- Oil motors as needed.
- Inspect heat exchanger for possible cracks. A crack in the heat exchanger will introduce carbon monoxide into the living space.
- Check air flow. If diminished, it may be necessary to clean the evaporator coil.
- Check air fuel mixture, where appropriate.
Return to Tips Page